Saturday, January 9, 2010

1st day of Hiking!







Today was the first day of hiking! I was so excited! It was exhausting, because you only went steep upwards. We spent 5 hours hiking until we finally reached our lodge. I wasn't surprised on how bad our lodge was! I mean we were in Nepal, so you can't expect a 5 star hotel, right?We arrived at our lodge at 4 pm. I liked it! At the lodge we saw a wooden Ferris wheel! We could tell that it hadn't been used in while, and not very secure!

Here in Nepal the sun goes down at 5 pm. My brother and I gathered up thin wood to carve. I hadn't realized till then that my brother and I had a hobby for carving wood. For dinner I had potato curry and chapati. It was local Nepali food! The really traditional Nepali food is Dal Bhat. When we went to bed it was so cold my entire body was jittering! I have to admit it wasn't such a bad day.
Something you should know!
My mom,dad and brother have already been in Nepal. They actually lived there for 3 years! For me it was the first time. I was very excited, but I didn't expect that it was cold!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Trekking in Nepal? How cool is that? I'm hoping you've got pics of you walking in the mountains.

I'm wondering about sleeping. How did you stay warm in the middle of the night?

mh