Sunday, January 10, 2010

5th day of Hiking!



This morning our parents woke up at 5 am to go to the poon hill, because there was an outstanding view of the mountains. Which was true! My brother and I woke up at 8 am. Just in time for breakfast! Our hike was 4 1/2 hours steep down wards. We ran into a bunch of families that had the same aged children as us! Today I just found out that our tour guide walked the same way as us when he was a porter at the age of 14. He is a great role model for children who don't go to school.

Our lodge was better than we'd imagined it. It had a toilet, and a hot, and cold shower in the room. After coffee my brother and I went out for a slow easy stroll. We found this piece of bamboo that tasted really sweet. At dinner there was a game (which they had won), so they offered (killed) a chicken and gave it to the lodge we stayed at.

No comments: