Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Holiday!

12, January 2010

For my new year holiday I went to Nepal. It was so much fun and at the same time exhausting! We went hiking, but the first couple of days we spent in Kathmandu. We strolled around in the street's and bought a lot of cool stuff. Mostly my parents bought things. But I bought a necklace,shoes, and a shirt.

The best day was probably staying all night to celebrate New Year. Unfortunately we didn't achieve our goal. We were already exhausted from our hike. What we did to stay awake was, that we bought a lot of junk food, like chips, oreo's, biscuits, and for drinks my parents bought wine, and we bought coke,mountain dew. I know it's totally unhealthy food, but you have to try to stay awake, and my parents made an exception. Actually it was their idea!
We stayed up till about 11pm, my brother went first to bed, and then I did. I'm not sure what my parents did since they have a different hotel room. My brother and I stayed awake till 11:45 reading. Then we both fell asleep forgetting to turn of the light. The next morning we took a bike tour, and road around the city. We went to the Devi Fall's, it's an under ground water fall. I have to admit it was pretty school.

We were in Nepal, so for New Years they had a strike. A strike was when there were no cars, or motorbikes allowed to drive. Bicycles were allowed which I think is good. It's a good idea to have a strike, because there's so much traffic in Nepal so you wouldn't get anywhere. The hard thing is that if you want to visit relatives and they live far away it might be hard to visit them. At night they had filled the city with lights. It was magically beautiful! Nearly all the restaurants were crowded with people, and some of them even had a special New Years dinner! We ate Pizza, it was truly delicious! I'm guessing it was an Italian. Because no one makes such good pizza in Jakarta! I wish you all a Happy New Year, and have a great new start with a new decade! 2010 here we come!

No comments: