Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Roar of the Crowd


The Roar of the Crowd
Rich Wallace
***

This book is about a boy named Manny, and he's starting his VERY FIRST football season at the age of 12. And at age 12 there are a lot of tough guys who will just ram in to you like you're a piece of broccoli, and every boy hates broccoli.

And the worst thing is that Manny is like a small plastic pole that anyone can knock over. And when the coaches see what he does, they always turn and frown at each other, this isn't good… Especially when the team starts losing badly, very badly.

But Manny refuses to give up, and become a loser again. This is a really good book for people who want to be athletes. Any athletes this is how you build confidence in your self. Like me, I'm the only girl on the team, and I still don't quit, because I'm playing soccer for me, only me, no one else. And after 6 years I've gotten pretty good at it, and am very satisfied of how well I've improved over the years.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice work with this, Nora. I'm interested in a little more of the story, or at least a best part. I'm wondering if Manny does ever win the Roar of The Crowd?

I like the way you include the author's picture as well as the book cover.