Saturday, August 22, 2009

The report card

The Report Card
Andrew Clements
****

This book is about a girl named Nora Rose Rowley, who is so smart, they offered her to skip the grade she is attending right now, which is 5th grade by the way.

This reminds of a friend, she was so good at everything, I swear math, English, running, basketball, soccer, everything!!!

Okay, so back to the story. Now when Nora's at school no one hangs out with her, because obviously no one wants to hang out with a genius at their school!!

But one day in class everyone takes this really hard test which EVERYONE, EVERYONE struggles with except for Nora obviously because she's a genius. But then she takes a moment to think and says '' If I get a good score on this, I'll be the biggest freak ever. But what if I fail the test, and everyone sees it. Will I then be a smaller freak???".Yeah, you guessed of course she PURPOSELY did a bad job on the test… If you wanna know what happens in the book you HAVE to read it. I think the best part is when she shows her parents the bad report card, boy could I see the look on their face in my head!!! She was sent to her room, because her parents are used to her getting the best grades in school, and now she's way at the bottom!

4 comments:

Nora Trapp said...

This book is awesome. It really speaks to you. And has some great vocabulary in it!!!

Michael said...

...and her name is even Nora. Nice write up on this, and I'll bet the idea is even true for some people in some places. Author name? **** rating?

Michelle Layanto said...

I had this book at home adn never bothered to read it... I guess I might now!

Hyun Jin said...

Cool, Nora. The main character's name is Nora too! I love Andrew Clements. He's a great author