Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mystery Story

In English we are writing a mystery story. It's very fun, because you can make up your own characters. And make it interesting. The only hard part is what are the clues, evidences, and the crime. My story is about 2 boys who got in a fight because one became too popular and wouldn't talk to the other boy. The 2 boys play on the same soccer team, and play the same position, but only 1 of them get to play. So someone takes the boys jersey who gets to play, and hides it somewhere. There's a twist in the story so I won't tell you anything more. I don't want to spoil it for you.

I think the hardest part of it is ending the story. I'm nearly half way done, and I don't really know how to finish the story. I know who committed the crime, and I have a motive. But it's really hard writing the last sentence. I read a lot of mystery books these days, but they're all killing, and murderers. In this class you're not allowed to have murderers, and I think that's OK. It's just really hard to relate stories if one is about killing, and the other is about stealing something from a rival.

Right now my story is 783 words long. And I'm only half way! Another hard thing to do is when people speak. You can't forget to indent, commas. It's also really hard using other words than said. May people only use said, and I think that's boring. I just can't think of anything else. These are the words I've used : said, bellowed, yelled, blurted, suggested, and that's all.

PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE OTHER WORDS OF SAYING SAID. PLEASE COMMENT!! URGENT!!

1 comment:

Fred Pruitt said...

"You're crazy," she said.
"So are you," he replied.
"You think so?" she sneered.
"I'm sure of it!" he crowed.
"Tell me why you know," she demanded.
"It was easy!" he bellowed. "Your eye were open!"
"And what does that mean?" she queried haughtily.
"It means the pair of you should shut your mumble traps and go to sleep!" interjected the Very Old Man. "It's 3 a.m."
"3:15," corrected the Very Old Woman.
"Sorry to keep you awake all night," apologized Jack and Cynthia together.
"Not as sorry as you're going to be in an hour or two," grumbled the Very Old Man.